State-of-the-Art Waste Disposal
The Ponderosa Regional Landfill is designed and monitored in accordance with the US EPA’s Subtitle D requirements.
In August 2013, the Ponderosa Regional Landfill opened in Laredo, Texas. Located 11 miles east of Loop 20 (Bob Bullock Loop) on Texas Highway 359, this South Texas landfill site has 499 acres, with 347 acres dedicated to waste disposal for the area’s municipal solid waste needs.
The Ponderosa provides the safest and most advanced waste disposal services to the region. The site accepts municipal solid wastes, industrial wastes and oil and gas waste primarily from Webb, Jim Hogg, Zapata, and La Salle counties. Other special wastes may be accepted at the Ponderosa Regional Landfill with prior approval from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Ponderosa Regional Landfill also accepts your liquid wastes for stabilization and disposal.
Ponderosa Regiaonal Landfill accepts the following:
- Plant Trash
- Untreated Medical Waste
- Septic Tank Pumpings
- Grease and Grit Trap Wastes
- Wastes from Commercial or Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Air Pollution Control Facilities
- Slaughterhouse Wastes
- Dead Animals
- Drugs, Contaminated Foods, or Contaminated Beverages
- Liquid wastes for stabilization and disposal
- Pesticide (insecticide, herbicide, fungicide, or rodenticide) Containers
- Tanks, Drums, or Containers used for shipping or storing any material that has been listed as a hazardous constituent in 40 CFR, Part 261, Appendix VIII but has not been listed as a commercial chemical product in 40 CFR, Rule 261.33 (e) or (f)
- Discarded Materials Containing Asbestos
- Incinerator Ash
- Soil contaminated by petroleum products, crude oils, or chemicals
- And Other Industrial and Municipal Solid Wastes
• $30 per ton
• $10 Min. for all loads under a ton
• $10 per Truck Tire
• $6 per Passenger Tire
Additional charges may apply. Call us at (800) 687-0268 for all other rates not listed.
For information on rates for other accepted waste please contact our office.
The Ponderosa Landfill is an advanced waste disposal site that meets all US EPA’s Subtitle D requirements. The landfill employs a modern liner system that includes at least 3 feet of re-compacted clay, a 60-mil high density polyethylene plastic liner, and a leachate collection system.
The Ponderosa Regional Landfill includes 152 acres for natural vegetative buffers, wetlands, stormwater control features, native range land, and entrance facilities. Durable roadways allow dependable entry to the site for customers even during times of inclement weather. In-bound and out-bound scales, in addition to the electronic ticketing system, are premium components of the sophisticated control systems utilized by the Ponderosa Regional Landfill.
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly. All fields are required.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Phone: (800) 687-0268
Scale House & Administration Manager
10705 State Hwy 359
Laredo, TX 78046
11 Miles east of Loop 20 on Hwy 359